President Biden Showing Less Than 40% Favorability in Oklahoma
Oklahomans appear minimally impressed with President Biden’s performance so far. The latest data from SoonerPoll shows Biden’s favorability rating has sagged below the 40% mark among likely voters. Almost 60% of Oklahomans have an unfavorable view of Joe Biden and less than 2% have no opinion.
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE TOPLINES AND CROSSTABS
SoonerPoll surveyed 299 likely voters -- Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, and Independents -- across the state. The survey is stratified to represent Oklahoma's likely voter population.
[QUESTION] I’m going to read you a list of individuals or organizations. For each one, please tell me if you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion.
President Joe Biden:
1. Very Favorable: 22.0%
2. Somewhat Favorable: 17.3%
COMBINED FAVORABLE: 39.3%
3. Neutral/Don’t Know: 1.9%
4. Somewhat Unfavorable: 11.8%
5. Very Unfavorable: 47.0%
COMBINED UNFAVORABLE: 58.8%
The difference in people’s opinions about President Biden is divided largely by voters’ political affiliations. Almost half of Democrats, 49.2%, have a very favorable view of Joe Biden. 35.6%of Democrats have a somewhat favorable view of Biden for a combined favorable rating of 84.8%.
President Biden is equally unpopular among Oklahoma Republicans. Just 4.1% of Republicans have a favorable opinion of Biden while 93.9% find Biden unfavorable. Libertarians find Biden very unfavorable at a rate of 71.0% while 29% see him as very favorable. Independents are split as 52.1% have a very or somewhat favorable opinion of the President, 44.7% find him very unfavorable, and 3.2% see Biden as somewhat unfavorable.
President Biden’s level of popularity in Oklahoma has actually improved since he assumed the Presidency. During the 2020 campaign, Biden had a favorability rating of 35% among Oklahoma voters.
About the Poll
SoonerPoll.com, Oklahoma’s public opinion pollster, asked these questions of Oklahoma likely voters as part of the SoonerPoll Quarterly Poll.
The scientific study was conducted from July 21-August13, 2021 with 300 likely Oklahoma voters selected at random statewide from a tri-frame of both landline telephone and cell phones, plus SoonerPoll's proprietary online panel. The sample was weighted by age, gender, and congressional district in order to reflect the Oklahoma likely voter population for a general election. The weighting was conducted using a 'layered technique.'
The sample reflects the traditional demographical profile of the Oklahoma likely voter with roughly half of respondents identifying as conservative and attending religious services once or more per week. The study has a Margin of Error (MoE) of ±5.67 percent.
A complete description of the methodology can be found here.